It’s been a while since I’ve written anything on here. Same old excuses… busy doing other things, etc. But mainly, I haven’t felt in the mood to write much.
A quick run down of the past month or so:
Mountain Mayhem memories
- The gazebo of dreams
- Wonderful friends
- General silliness
Saunders Lakeland Mountain Marathon
- Wasdale always takes longer than you think to get to
- Despite being one of the wettest places in the UK, we avoided the rain while the rest of the country was drowning
- I’d forgotten how much I dislike contouring on steep ground. With tussocks. And bog.
- I’m lucky that I can share time outdoors, and racing with my family. It was great to catch up with my uncle over a weekend.
- I met Joss Naylor. On the fells! A lovely man, and it was an honour to share 5 minutes chatting about the mountains.
I’m really excited about the coming four weeks
- Can’t wait to return to the home of my favourite ever adventure.
- Just a long weekend, but will be taking my Dad along some of the same trails. It will be a pleasure to sit up and take my time in the scenery
Settle to Carlisle
- I’ve got a week off work. An entire week.
- Rather than a long trip, I’m planning a few micro adventures. One of which will be riding from Settle to Carlisle in a day, then getting the train home.
Sleepless in the Saddle
- Mayhem was great fun. I loved the friendly atmosphere. I loved having a lot of friends around.
- I wanted to ride more though
- Back to 24 hour solo. But there will be lots of friends around, both supporting, and out on course.
- Best of both worlds!