This time next week, I’ll be a nearing the end of 24 hours of Exposure.
I’m experiencing my usual pre-big-race mixture of emotions.
- Feeling unprepared
- Feeling unfit
- I’m scared. Scared of embarrassing myself, scared of the pain, scared of the mental torture
- Worried about putting my brother, sister and two friends through 24 hours of looking after my every need, watching me self-harm
- Worried I won’t do as well as I should
- Excited that I’ll be testing myself
- Excited about riding a fast bike along lovely trails
- Excited for every single moment of clarity, where it is just me, a bike, a trail. The ultimate escapism.
- Looking forward to meeting old friends, and making new ones
- Feeling fit
- Feeling prepared
- And repeat
Bring it on.
See you there matey, I’m pretty much feeling all that and more myself!
Ahhh come on, its only 24 hours, its easy. Its just a long bike ride.